Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Some days are just blahhh

You know, there are some days when I look around and think, 'How is it that every other mom on the planet seems to like being with their kids so much?' Every other mom I see has such a great smile on her face, and she's so patient with her well behaved children, and she's happy. There are days (like today) when going to work sounds like the best news I've heard all day, and I feel like there is something wrong with me because there are moms out there who stay home full time and do great. And there are moms who work and parent, and seem to do it well. Sometimes, my kids are boring. Sometimes it is just too much effort to teach them socially acceptable behaviour and to keep them out of the peanut butter jar (my kids get into the peanut butter instead of the cookies) for another 6 or 9 or 10 hours!!! And then the next day, and the next day, and the next! Sometimes I don't CARE about the owie I've already kissed fourteen times!! Sometimes I get so TIRED of my name "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy!" that I want to puke. Am I a terrible person? And the urine. I really get tired of the urine. There is pee on the toilet seat every time I sit down, often on the floor near the toilet, sometimes in Matthew's bed in the morning, sometimes on me, and often in the bushes at whatever park we are visiting. The other day Matthew had a park peeing incident where he was aiming for the bush and got out of control and it got on his shirt, so he overcorrected and it got on his pants, underwear, shoes, and leg, then he overcorrected again and got his arm...meanwhile my hands are soaked in pee because I'm frantically trying to HELP him aim at the bush....this incident was very funny.
Ayden said something humourous today:
'Mommy, do you like being a girl?'
'Yes! I like it a lot, it is very fun being a girl.'
'Oh. I wouldn't like being a girl. I just don't understand them.'
Now who, I ask you, would be teaching him that? Very funny.
And the fff poo is funny. And I like the hugs. They also do this little bum wiggle dance while singing 'bum bum!' that makes me laugh. Matthew loves water and it is amazing to see his joy and fearlessness while swimming. Ayden loves to sing.
I guess they're not that bad, after all. Some days are just tough. ;)

2 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh Melissa!!! I LOVE how you blog so openly and honestly!!! So many just don't!!!

You are by far not the only mother out there that ever feels this way!! Motherhood is tough!! lol I love getting 2 hrs to myself sometimes!! I'd go insane without it I think!!

Sometimes it's an age thing too. My sister in law could hardly handle her boys when they were younger, but now that they are 10 ish they get along wonderfully!! We're all gifted to do better at different times I think!! Forsure we're going to enjoy different ages better at the very least!!

I'm sure thankful to be getting to know you a little better here in Blogger world!! You have brought a lot of insight to me and Your family is soo beautiful!!

Bless you!!

Dawn

LouiseandGary said...

Melissa...I appreciate your honesty too! I think everyone must have those moments or extended periods of time:) By the way, love the Matthew peeing in the bushes and all over himself story!