Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Licensed paramedic uses new skills

Remember how I got my new license in the mail last week? Tonight I got to use one of my new 'licensed' skills! I stareted an IV on an unconscious patient--a pretty big one, first try, in his hand--woohoo! It's funny, last year when we were learning how to do IVs on people, I almost fainted in class starting an IV on the FAKE ARM--which my classmates will never let me live down--and here I am starting large bore IVs on real live people without batting an eye. Seriously, in class I had to sit down on the floor in the middle of the room because it was spinning so badly, and I knew I wouldn't make it the five feet to the nearest chair! Then to top it off I started crying! Jeepers. Sometimes it still doesn't feel real that I have this license--I keep having to remind myself of it. Hooray!

1 comment:

Jen & Andrey said...

that's awesome mel. way to go. you're gonna make a fantastic licensed paramedic.