Friday, June 8, 2007

Tagged!

Here's something on a lighter note than BHS...I've recently been 'tagged' for the first time by a blogger friend, kind of like a blog personal survey that you email to all your friends with questions about yourself on it.

Here are the “rules”: Each player lists 4 facts and 4 habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

FACT:

1) I love pretty clothes. I window shop, admire other women's clothes, and dream about having more pretty clothes. It's just not something I spend money on easily! In university I realized that I would readily spend $30 on a meal in a restaurant, which lasts only a few minutes before it is devoured, but it would take me 3 weeks to work up the nerve to spend $30 on a shirt/skirt/pants/shoes/whatever, and often I just wouldn't. Now I have three other people to buy clothes for before I buy them for me! I would like to nominate myself for TLC's 'What Not to Wear' just so I could get some good fashion advice and some pretty clothes.

2) My favourite colour is red. I love to walk around under a red umbrella because it makes me cheerful even when it's raining (which, as you know, I HATE).

3) When I love a book it is because of the characters in it. If I don't love the characters, it's not worth reading. If it is also beautifully written, it makes my top books list.


4) I miss breastfeeding. That was a special and meaningful time in my life that I miss and look forward to again with the next baby.


HABITS:

1) Okay, anyone who has known me for a lot of years will know the #1 answer to this one: I bite my nails when I'm stressed out. As a kid, and especially a teenager, I always had ragged, bleeding nailbeds. My dad once paid me $200 to grow them out, and I promptly chewed them down again after he paid up. He asked for it back but I think I just giggled. Now I usually have long nails, but they disappear before, during, or just after a big stressful event. They are gone right now because of my licensing exam (I think? I often don't know I actually feel stressed until I realize my nails are disappearing...it could be for another reason besides licensing? I don't know)

2) I swear at people when I'm driving. Today I swore at a firetruck for doing the most dangerous emergency vehicle driving I've ever seen in my life! I've really cut down when the kids are in the car, but sometimes they still slip out...

3) I always shower from the top down...wash the hair, then the face, shave the pits, scrub the body, wash the feet...always in the same order.

4) My breakfast rarely alters: 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter, and a mug of tea.


Here are the revised rules for this meme. You share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years; new house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to list four new things you want to try in the next four years.

FOUR NEW THINGS:

1) Having a baby! That was a big life change!!

2) Adopting Matthew! That was an even bigger life change, if you can believe it!! Adopting Matthew has taught me SO MUCH about myself, about life, about love, about how I cope, how I operate, my strengths, my weaknesses, God, forgiveness, God's love for us, how to create what you want in life (inasmuch as we can) and leave behind what you don't want, miracles, parenting, and grief.

3) Death--in the last four years I have encountered death at work in ways I never experienced before that, and would never have experienced if I didn't do the job I do...which makes me more grateful for what I have, and more determined to live as full a life as possible.

4) I've learned to care far less what strangers or acquaintances think of me, and to waste less emotional energy on them. I have learned instead to reserve my emotional energy for the people in my life who are closest to me: family and friends. They deserve the best of what I have to offer, my best face, and my greatest energy.

4 THINGS I HOPE FOR FOR THE FUTURE:

1) Another baby. Love babies!

2) To do my job well and save some more lives.

3) For Brent to be happy in his career...he has been looking for something new for years, so I'll be glad to see him happy!

4) To buy a hybrid car...they don't really make many hybrid cars that fit 3 carseats so we'll have to shop around! I drive SO MUCH to get to and from work and I feel guilty about the amount of noxious gases I contribute to the atmosphere! It would be nice to reduce that.

Now I am supposed to tag eight people. :)

I tag:
Sara
Louise
mom
Dana
Jen

That's all! Only if you want to!

1 comment:

Dawn and Dale said...

VERY awesome answers!!!

Thanks for playing along!!!