Monday, July 2, 2007

Insomnia

It's July 2nd. Happy Canada Day, yesterday. I can't sleep. I think I'm anxious about Brent going away for six months, because my fingernails are all gone and I'm weepy, and of course I can't sleep. Until now I've been able to stave off this anxiety, or at least bury it beneath layers of home life and work life and a wee bit of friend life, but up here in relaxation land (my parent's place) it is catching up with me. I don't want him to go! I love him, I enjoy his company, I find his presence comforting. Being away from each other is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Can I make it? What if I fail? Am I strong enough? I must be, I come from a long line of strong Reside women. Still it will be tough.

3 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh Melissa!!! That sucks!!! Dale used to work oil field work when we lived in Alberta. He'd be gone for 3 wks at a time and then home for 5 days...then gone for 3 weeks again etc. I found that 3 wks nearly impossible!!!!

I'll pray for you guys!! Yes it will be tough...but I KNOW you can make it!!!

Love Dawn

P.S. Still no baby yet??!!!! lol Crazy!!

Louise said...

I think I would feel the same, actually, I would prob. be more of a mess! Do you have any idea when he's leaving? How often will he be able to come home? Will he? Keep us posted!

Jen & Andrey said...

Oh Mel! I feel for you! I would not look forward to that as well! When is he going?