Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wiscious

"Wiscious" is how Ayden pronounces "delicious." Today something 'wiscious' happened! It didn't seem as such at first, but it ended up that way. I got up at 5:15 to go to work, after what seems to be 8 or 9 days of sleep deprivation and a late night girls night with the nerdettes, and dragged myself out the door headed for Lion's Bay. Traffic was a NIGHTMARE and I dodged being late for work by hitting the HOV lane a few times even though I only had one person in my seven seater van. I felt morally evil. But what can you do? If I'm late the night shift has to stay late, and that is no fun especially if someone calls for an ambulance ten minutes after your shift was supposed to begin. That means the night shift has to stay an extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours! That's how long it takes to do a call from start to finish. Anyways, I made it with 6 minutes to spare and a smile on my face. However, 20 minutes into my shift my partner had still not shown up, and the night crew could not stay later! So I started phoning and phoning...my partner was not answering his phone and no one else wanted to work! This after I got up at 5:15 and battled traffic, and paid for child care for the day! Eventually I gave up and went home. Lion's Bay had to function with only one ambulance today, and not for lack of trying on my part. I picked the boys up from daycare and took them to the water park. We had a blast! They were excited to unexpectedly have a mommy day, and I was excited to unexpectedly be home from work so I could play with them. We went shopping and then played with the water hose (I stayed inside with the sliding glass door safely shut!) in the backyard. Wiscious!

1 comment:

Dawn and Dale said...

A.....meant to be day....spent with mommy!!

Wiscious!!!