Friday, September 14, 2007

Bonus

Hang in to the end of this story, because it ends well.
This morning I was rushing around getting everyone ready to drop Ayden off at preschool, when Matthew threw up his entire breakfast on the table. And himself. And the floor. Porridge, raisins, applesauce, and vitamins sort of mashed together and mixed with orangy bile. So that ended MY breakfast experience, and Ayden refused to eat any more 'frow up' food so we just got dressed and ready to leave. When it gets that gross, give up on breakfast!
We dropped Ayden off at preschool and Matthew looked so lethargic and dopey in the backseat that I stopped at Shoppers on the way home to get him some pedialyte, carried him up to my bed at our house, and tucked him in. He was restless so I gathered up about ten books and read to him for 20 minutes or so. After the books were read, he laid his head on my chest and fell asleep. We laid together like that for TWO HOURS all cuddled up, him faintly snoring and me relishing all that touch. It was like the punctuation mark to complete my post from yesterday, and it was delicious. I'm not so thankful he felt sick, but I sure am thankful we had that two hours together.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like you're encountering those unexpected blessings. I love it!

Roboseyo said...

that's the happiest ending to a throw up story I've ever seen.

most of my throw up stories end with "and the next day I was really hung over"

or "even the drycleaner couldn't get it out"

or "and it was the worst Christmas I ever had"

or "I still don't think any human has ever produced something that colour before or since."

(guess which two are truth, and which two are fiction)

melissa said...

First and last, for sure

Roboseyo said...

haha!

wrong!

first and third.

i had a proper, puking flu the christmas I was nine.

sick as a dog, threw up four times on christmas day (first one at 5am).

but I didn't have to go to the christmas morning church service!