Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Return of the Mommy we all knew was in there

Yesterday I was sick. I hate, hate, hate being sick, and I JUST got over a NASTY cold I came down with the week we came home from Regina. So, there was a lot of watch-a-movie-while-mommy-sleeps type of parenting yesterday. Which I felt very guilty about.
Today, however, was an improvement! I still feel sick, but not as bad, and am determined to make this day a positive one despite being stuck in a 1400 square foot townhouse with two kids, no car, and some serious rain. Breakfast was good. Then we pulled out the finger paints, then the window felts (crayola has these felt pens that are for colouring on windows! So cool!), then stamps, and then we made a fort. I must confess to falling asleep in the fort while we were playing, but I think I'd made a good impression up to that point. Then we had lunch, which was popular, and the boys played while I tackled the disgusting kitchen (we had company this week), and then we made a chocolate cake for daddy.
How cool! The return of the fun mommy! She hasn't really been all that available since last August, except in small doses, because she had to pace herself to get it all done alone. Now, she doesn't have to.
Now we just have to cross our fingers that the chocolate cake survives until 7:30 p.m. when Brent gets home!

3 comments:

Roboseyo said...

welcome back happy fun mommy! re: your comment on my latest post: never having the free time to pause reflect, recoup and refocus is another thing that can make us too busy to claw up to the positive side of human thought and human behaviour, so I'm thrilled you can have some more leisure to enjoy your life and your family now.

Tonya said...

Hey! Glad to hear that you are able to relax with the kids and enjoy each other. Are you still working? I can imagine that even if you are, just having Brent around to lighten the load is an immense relief.

Ms. Dragonfly said...

I've had days of TV Mommy.
Glad to read I'm not the only one.
And welcome back happy lady.