Friday, March 7, 2008

Poo again (and no lack thereof)

I worked today. Seriously, I'm no longer wiping up poo at home, so now I apparantly MUST do it at work. This morning I did THE POOPIEST call I've had in my five year long career. This guy had poop IN HIS MOUTH, on the bottom of his feet, and on his floor from wall to wall to wall to door. On the top of his head. In his armpits. Crusty. Dried. Stinky. Poop. All I smelled the rest of the day was poop. We checked his shower to see if we could hose him off with warm water before we brought him in, but it looked as though it hadn't been used in ten years. He wasn't getting cleaner in THAT shower, so we wrapped him in plastic sheets, put him in our bed on the porch so we wouldn't slip in (or smell) the brown grossness, and did our assessment there. Diagnosis? Stroke. Gahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We let the hospital do the scrubbing (which I felt AWEFUL about, but there really was a question as to whether the shower would even WORK, and it really was too dirty to clean anything in). Poop, poop, everywhere. Hopefully tomorrow will be all about clean people with no poop!

4 comments:

Breanne said...

I will never again complain about having to change Jacob's poopy diaper. I do not envy you. Gross. :D

Dana said...

ewwwwwwwwwww!

Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my gosh!! I WAS enjoying my toast with Peanut butter and a cup of coffee this morning as I was going through my blogs!! Sadly...I think I'm done now!!! lol

Sara said...

I think I might barf...and you love your job because why?