Thursday, February 5, 2009

last born meme

WAS YOUR SECOND PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Totally. I wanted for years to have another baby but it was never the right time. I even went so far as to get pregnant while my husband was away and I had to do the tough, exhausted, barfy, early pregnant all by myself while working full time and single parenting two other kids. I fully brought it on myself. Totally happy.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I knew before I knew, so I wasn't that surprised. But I was elated! I felt like I could feel safe sharing the news with family after the line showed up on that pee stick, but before that I knew.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No way.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
30

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
My boobs hurt a week after ovulation. Then a week later I peed on a stick in Brent's parents' upstairs washroom and voila! A very faint line.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
This was the tough part! I had to wait for Brent to call me so I could tell him whether the test said yay or nay. THEN I told his parents, and called my mom.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes. I needed mental preparation if I was to be the mother of THREE boys

9. DUE DATE?
August 17th, 2008

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Aweful. Horrendous, aweful, terrible morning sickness, for 14 weeks. I PRAYED to actually barf (and did a few times), just so the nausea would go away.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Mangoes and rice milk. Fried perogies with saurkraut, onions, sausage, and sour cream.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Being repeatedly told I was huge.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX?
boy (and he's third, btw...but this meme doesn't really work for adoption)

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Yes. Though I wouldn't trade him for all the girls in China, now.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
33

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes. One. Very nice.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I suspect I had gestational diabetes, though I refused the test.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The hospital in the next town West of ours

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Started in earnest at 4:30 p.m. on Aug 13th, and he was born at 5:09 a.m. on Aug 14th, so 13 hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Brent. I wanted to kill him for accelerating/braking too fast, bouncing me around too much. That was the worst part of the entire labour.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Brent, Ayden, Sharon, Jeanette, my mom, and my sister Megan

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
100% au natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Not a drop. Didn't need it or want it.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
10 lbs, 2 ounces of chubby cuteness

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
5:09 Aug 14th

27. What did you name him/her?
Riley Alexander Smith Vose

28. OTHER NAMES YOU CONSIDERED?
Quinn came in a close second. He didn't have a name for the first 12 hours because we couldn't decide between Riley and Quinn. In the end, the boys both voted for Riley, so that tipped the scales.

29. HOW OLD IS YOUR SECOND (third) BORN TODAY?
5 months and 3 weeks

2 comments:

lori lls said...

These were fun to read.

lori lls said...

And yes, as you mentioned, it would indeed have been quite a bit of trouble to get pregnant while your husband was away.

hm...