Friday, March 13, 2009

Pet Peeve

Here's my pet peeve:

Malibu Barbie Mommy.

What is up with her? Who has time for three pounds of makeup when they are a mom? Doesn't she know that excessive materialism and lookism are inherently bad and that she is modelling excessive materialism and lookism? Doesn't she know that the cost of her french manicure and peg perego infant travel system (car seat + stroller) could buy a few meals at her local soup kitchen?

Doesn't she know I find her offensive?

Doesn't she know she makes me feel frumpy and angry and inadequate?

What is up with that.

5 comments:

Caryn and Dan said...

Wow do I want to comment on novel on this one.

I KNOOOOWWWWW! Those chicks drive me nuts! Next time you walk by one, just cough "faker" under your breath. Because that is all they are... FAKE. Don't worry underneath the layers of LuLuLemon, Caramel Macchiatos, and BMW's they are just lost little girls with no self esteem and daddy issues...

or atleast that is what I try to convince myself...

jenna said...

malibu barbie mommy is NOT my favorite. I REALLY don't like her.

Breanne said...

I also hate, "Ipod on, and headphones in ears when baby is trying to interact with you...Mommy."

Drrriiiivvvees meeee nuttts.

Sara and family said...

plastic, they are plastic and in the end they are bad for the environment and, by extension, all of humanity. We can reassure ourselves that our make-up free, acrylic free, frumpy-ness is much better for the future. We are raising the future and they are contributing to the landfills.

(I don't like them either, in case you missed that)

Roboseyo said...

Sometimes they actually do have "Made in Taiwan" tatooed on their butts. Don't ask how I know.