Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Clothing thing

I have an intense attachment to my babies' infant clothing. This continued for several years with Ayden's clothing, especially his favourites. But then, once Ayden wore them for a year or so and outgrew them they went directly into Matthew's drawer, and he is so small that some of those clothes he's still wearing. So some of these clothes have been in active circulation for about four years now. I am SO SICK of these clothes! Oh my gosh! Clothes I used to think were so cute I'm now tempted to throw in the garbage! Mostly these are shirts. Pants wear out after 2 boys, but shirts last and last...
I just went through their piles of clothes and donated a bunch of stuff Matthew was outgrowing. I just couldn't see it through another kid. I'm sorry. Bye bye, stuff. Good riddance. Thanks for being cute, and withstanding four years of little boy roughness.

2 comments:

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

I wonder if you could have a quilt made of all your favourites that they outgrow. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it but you seem crafty:) Although, if you are sick of them, you prob. don't want them around forever!

tamie said...

You make me smile.