Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Ring Thing

Okay, sistas (and rob), I'm about to confess something big. I lost my wedding and engagement rings. Ackkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! It makes it feel more real, somehow, when I say it out loud and even MORE real when I write it down.
I'm not a big one for being attached to objects, and I'm not much for fancy jewellery. I just think that people are beautiful the way they are, and don't need much fancying up. But these rings meant more to me than simply being pretty objects that fancy up my hand. I really really love them! Brent designed the engagement ring and had it made, and it was in the shape of a tulip, which is my favourite flower. We have insurance and for a deductable it can be replaced, but I want the rings that were used at my wedding, you know? They have incredible sentimental value for me. I feel sick that they are gone, from carelessness.

It seems silly when there is so much actual tragedy going on in the world, but could you pray that I find them? Maybe some prayers will augment my search efforts...
I know it's silly. I know it. But I feel aweful that I lost two such important things! Amongst the few objects that I own which I consider irreplaceable!
Ackkkkkkkkkk...

4 comments:

Dana said...

Oh no!! LORD, bring those rings back to Melissa!!

(Maybe Riley will poop them out!)

Janet said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry! That sucks!

lori lls said...

Booo hiss! So sad for you. I'll say a prayer, for sure. That lady in the Bible got real panicky about losing a coin, and then party-happy when she found it. I don't think it's a bad idea to pray about anything you are honestly concerned with - much better than praying for dumb things you feel you SHOULD pray for.

Rachel Clear said...

Oh, Melissa, this SUCKS. I don't have a major attachment to objects either, but I would be devestated if I lost my rings.

They have small stones from Cam's grandma and gold from his mom's ring, and heck, that's what we got married with.

I hope they turn up, because wouldn't a little miracle just be really cool right now? That's what I thought.