Wednesday, May 27, 2009

@#$%^&*^%$#

I used to have a filthy mouth. I'm not so bad anymore. Tonight I was making dinner and the cheese burned, which caused the smoke alarm to screech like there was a major disaster of epic proportions going on in my kitchen. I WANTED to say FUCK but instead I said "SHUT UP!"

Ayden, who was sitting at the kitchen table playing Spiderman Shuffle, commented several times, "Mommy, that's a bad word."

Finally I turned to him and said, "Well I guess I'm just a bad person!" Jeepers. Give a mom a break around here, already!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Well, I think you used quite the self restraint there. I have to admit, I'm not much of a swearer, but I do tend to call people idiots a little too often....which is really just as bad, if you look at it biblically. Sigh.

Deb said...

Yeah I'm a little worried for when Aria starts mimicking THOSE words. I'm not BIG into language, but kids sure make you aware of how often you DO use those words. My personal favourite: ass. as in Kiss my * or You're an *

yeah...swearing...also not appropriate as a Christian school teacher... *sigh*

Jen said...

My favorite story of parents saying bad words and it rubbing off onto kids is about our friends in Thailand - whom you met. The family whose house we had Andrey's 30th b-day party at when you were in CM. Anyway, The father of this family tends to be very high strung at times (he's much better now) and on several occasions at the peak of stress would shout out, "F**K!!!!". One day their four year old son was waiting in the car for their 2 year old daughter to get in her car seat so they could leave and she was apparently taking too long. So he looks over at her, clearly annoyed at her slow pace and yells, "F**K, Katherine!!!" Nice.