Thursday, May 21, 2009

How to know you are married to a cop

The other day, Brent was sleeping off a night shift. So I got up, fed the kids, fussed around for a bit, got the kids ready for school, and left the house. As we were leaving, I noticed a pretty blue car parked across the street. "Hm," I thought, "what a pretty blue car! Kind of well loved. It has some scratches on the roof. Someone really should take care of that, because scratches like that can get rusty, especially in our rainy climate." And off we go to school.

My husband wakes up a few hours later, looks out the front window, grunts, and calls the police to report an abandoned stolen vehicle parked across the street from his house. The police checked the license plate and yes, it was stolen; thank you, sir, for calling it in, and a tow truck will be by later to pick it up.

I really hope they take care of those scratches, before they get rusty.

lol.

4 comments:

Caryn and Dan said...

HA HA HA... but it is true Melissa... someone SHOULD take care of those nasty scratches.

Tania Grim said...

HAHA thats awesome!

Sara and family said...

I love that he grunted first. Makes him seem manly.

I know someone who could take care of those scratches. It's almost like you're married to my husband who has taught me to notice stuff like that.

Tamie said...

Wait! How did he know it was stolen and abandoned???