Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleep, sleep, baby, sleep

[sleep, sleep, baby, sleep is a Reside family lullaby].

Okay so Riley has a new habit. A frickin fantastic new habit. He wakes up in the middle of the night for a few hours to play.

Last night, he fell asleep at 8 pm. Woke up at 9:30 to breastfeed, then fell asleep (albiet restlessly). Woke up at 2:30, played a bit, breastfed a bit, played some more, tried to crawl off my bed, wouldn't play in his own bed, bit my breast, got wedged between my mattress and the headboard, and finally fell asleep at 4:15. Then he woke up for the day around 6:30.

Oh yes, and Brent was on nights, so no backup.

Anyone want a baby? I'll ship him to you free of charge. No refunds or exchanges. All sales final.

Did I mention that this is the third time this week that he has done this?

And that in the daytime he's cranky as SHIT?

Seriously?

4 comments:

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

Thanks for making my night seem better:)

Tonya said...

ARGH! I sooo feel your pain! Josiah used to wake up in the middle of the night to JUMP IN HIS CRIB for a couple hours. He would wake up, I'd nurse him but he wouldn't go back to sleep. After fighting him in the bed for a while I started putting him in his crib. He'd start jumping. I'd go in and fight him about laying down (and not getting back up). I'll never forget the night I just decided to let him jump. He jumped for about an hour, laid down and went to sleep! WHAT!?! I'd been losing sleep over this? Ugh. Needless to say I never fought him over it again - he jumped, I tried to sleep through the noise, we were all happier.

Let's just say that the sound of him jumping in his crib eventually gave me heart palpitations! He'd wake up from his nap, we'd be doing schoolwork in the room under his, he'd start jumping, my heart would go nuts. Little bit of stress maybe? :-)

Have fun with this! :-)

Jen said...

Oh yeah. that sucks.

Rachel Clear said...

Haha! Sucks, yes. But hilarious? Yes to that too.