Friday, May 15, 2009

Sleep update

Last night Riley went to sleep at 8. Woke up at 9:30. Stayed up til midnight. Slept til 8 (with some breastfeeding intermittent in there...I hardly count those because neither of us really wakes up).

GONG!

At least he slept in the after-midnight phase of the night, which is really the more crucial part. But WHAT is UP with the no-free-time-without-kids? That's my sanity keeper, the hours after their bedtime and before our bedtime.

Today I seriously manipulated some naps, in an effort to control what goes on in his bed at night.

Here's hoping that it works!!!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Ohh I feel your pain. Fingers crossed that the nap manipulations work.

Sara and family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara and family said...

Welcome to my 'attached to my child 24 hours' life. Ryen will only sleep with me or on me which means when he falls asleep at 8pm, he spends all the time till I go to bed sleeping on me. If we put him down, he wakes up within minutes. The last little while he's added another fun dimension with the waking up at 10 for an hour of play. Then he's up at 7 for the day. Add to that the fact that he doesn't nap and I am going a little crazy!

I feel your pain.

ps. I deleted the last post, which was this post with a couple of errors.