Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Actual conversation

Me:
"Ayden, it is time to get ready to walk to school. Please put on your socks."

A:
jump, jump, jump

Me:
"Ayden, did you hear me? I need you to get your socks on now."

A:
jump, jump, jump

Me:
"Ayden, time to put on your socks."

A:
jump, jump, jump

Me:
"AYDEN! PUT ON YOUR SOCKS NOW! If you would OBEY me the first time I asked you to put on your socks, I wouldn't have to yell at you. PUT ON YOUR SOCKS!"

A:
(singsong voice) "Ayden, put on your socks!"

Me:
"DO NOT COPY ME!"

A:
(singsong voice) "Do NOT copy me!"

Me:
"AYDEN YOU ARE SO ASKING FOR A SPANKING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!"

A:
(from his bedroom across the hall, where he has hopped to during the singsong)
"Mommy, can I please have a spanking?"


Wow. I had to close my bedroom door so he wouldn't hear me howling with laughter. That kid is FUNNY. Comic relief is a good method of dealing with conflict sometimes, and I use it often with my kids. Today I guess he turned the tables on me.

5 comments:

Roboseyo said...

So... was stirring up conflict by not obeying all part of the setup?

Hilarious.

Janet said...

LOL! Sounds JUST like CEcil. :-)

Deb said...

That is so something my child will say to me some day. Hilarious! I love it! Can't wait to meet your kids (perhaps when Rob is in town?) I'm sure Caryn would love to say "Hi" too.

Rachel Clear said...

Haha!

Caryn and Dan said...

This is awesome!

A friend of our recently had a conversation with her 4-year-old saying "turn off the TV. turn off the TV. EVAN, Turn off the TV. EVAN TURN OFF THE TV!!!! EVAN, TURN OFF THE TV OR MOMMY WILL GIVE ALL YOUR DVD'S AND THE TV AWAY TO CHARITY TO KIDS WHO HAVE NONE AND NEVER GET TO WATCH TV." Evan replied, "That would be nice for those poor kids wouldn't it Mommy?" with a smug look on his face... he then turned back to the TV and kept watching.