Sunday, August 30, 2009

Communication!

Riley did the 'milk' sign for me yesterday, though not because he wanted some. He just wanted to talk about it for some reason!

Anyways, I just wanted to say that he has developed the sweetest way to let me know he wants to breastfeed. He will whine to get up on my lap, then move his face so that he intercepts my line of vision, and puts his hand on my face. His facial expression is a mixture between worried and needing a cuddle. It's the sweetest thing, because he is always so rough, but in this ONE thing, he is gentle.

(he'll still bite while nursing though. The gentleness only goes so far...)

1 comment:

lori lls said...

How udderly cool.

(He he he.)

I am totally impressed. I'm waiting for the day Zoralee will communicate something in sign.