Saturday, December 19, 2009

We finally tossed the rabbit ears

Dudes, for almost seven years we have not paid for t.v. We bought rabbit ears for our television and voila! Three local channels. Who needs more?
But recently Brent found a deal with Shaw where we can get phone, internet, AND cable for cheaper than just phone and internet through Telus. So we switched. And now we have cable AND PVR. So some pretty strict rules are being established for kid television watching, and I have to make some rules for myself, I'm thinking. So far: cool. I like pausing and recording live t.v. But I haven't watched much more than I was before, so that's good. Gotta keep the boob tube time to a minimum, or life just might pass me by....
:p

Also, it's almost Christmas. I gotta do a post about Christmas gifts and stuff....
soon....

3 comments:

Sara and family said...

I love my pvr. Really, it's a sickness. It's like I'm allergic to commercials now. I watch nothing live.

xoxo

Breanne said...

Lol, Sara. A sickness? Spoiled brat! ;-P

Rachel Clear said...

I am sooooooooooooo going to follow your TV journey. I am interested in what rules you'll make and what will stick. And what will work. And how you'll balance it all. As you know, TV in my house is a huge battle, so I love hearing what other families do to sort it all out. And I'm sure that you, of all people, will come up with some kick-ass solution of awesomeness.