Sunday, January 31, 2010

Like a Teenager

I'm at work. I just went on a call for a 73 year old woman with trouble breathing. I went to listen to her upper chest....clear....I went to listen to her lower chest....and voila! I didn't have to move her breast out of the way to reach her lower ribcage. I took another look. No bra! I kept my face neutral, but can anyone say BOOB JOB?!?!?!?! Oh, wow. I would have died laughing if I wasn't indebted to professional empathy! 73 and passing the pencil test--WHADDUUUUUP?

I'm 32 and she put me to shame. To SHAME. Heck, she put my 18 year old COUSIN to shame!

7 comments:

Janet said...

My husband and I just had a good laugh over that one. And then I had to explain the pencil test to him. LOL!

Caryn Ouwehand said...

This is fantastic.

I'm a good 8-10 pencils.

tamie said...

Ummmmmmm.....what's the pencil test?!?

lori lls said...

Delightful story. I can't say I totally know what the pencil test is either, although I'm imagining some things.

I like the new look on your blog.

Say, you might want to check out my entry from last week called "Sneeze, Freeze, My Main Squeeze......," as there's a discussion there that involves you. :)

nancy said...

I remember teasing Ruth Astin that she'd be the envy of the old folks home!
mom

Rachel Clear said...

No. Way. Maybe she just spent her life sleeping on her head, to keep them perky?

amy frances said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never heard of the pencil test.

My grandmother had a boob job when she was 60. It happens.