Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another absence

Again, sorry for the infrequent posts. I keep thinking of a gagillion things I want to post about, but early in the week I didn't have the time and later in the week our internet is down. So, unfortunately, NO MEL FOR YOU!!!!
[a Seinfeld reference, for those of you a bit on the young side...]
We had a overnight date this weekend, a full thirty six hours away from my nursling...I think I took it harder than he did, as I cried when he cheerfully left with his grandparents, and I had a nightmare last night that he was abandoned in a train station, while he slept like a log, only waking once for about ten minutes and settling again quickly. He WAS mighty glad to see me, and was pumping both fists as fast as he could with the baby sign for "Milk." Do you want milkies? He nods his head so fast it is in danger of nodding off his neck. Funny boy.

We stayed at a hotel on Granville Street in downtown Vancouver, and had a GC for the hotel restaurant (the hotel stay was a gift from Brent's parents at Christmas). We shopped, saw a show (SO GOOD IT BLEW MY MIND! I'll try to remember to post a review later, with links to the company), ate GOOD FOOD, and spent some quality time together. It rocked.

Dinner's ready so I have to go...
I will post again as soon as I can!
xo

2 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

Saw your kids at church today, with the grandparents, so I thought this might be the weekend getaway! Glad you had a great time!

ms emili louann said...

jonathan and i are going through the seasons of seinfeld. "the soup nazi" is coming up :)

i totally feel ya about the infrequent blogging. i've been pretty blah at the thought of sitting down and writing about... anything, really. oh well.

good to hear from your end of the world, as always :o)