Sunday, March 28, 2010

Latest Crochet

Lately I have made several frogs, a doggie, a pig (not pictured here), another cat, two fish, and a work-in-progress princess. Enjoy my latest creations--when in Victoria Sara and I went to Knotty By Nature, the most fabulous wool shop EVER (check out their blog and website ! I wish we lived closer!). They had this chunky blue verigated artisan wool that I bought to make some aquatic animals and I LOVE IT!!! It is much quicker to make toys with a wool this chunky, and they look all homemade and fuzzy and artisanesque! I've also recently gotten into the whole safety eyes thing...I used to think--yeah RIGHT! How can round glass eyes be safe on a baby toy??? But in fact these are built like a bolt, with a washer on the back that won't come off with any amount of manipulation after it is in place (you have to be darn sure where you want the eye before putting the washer on!). So, I'm finally convinced they are safe and have started using them sometimes. Enjoy! I'm getting better at these! Maybe someday I'll start selling them...















As you can see, the princess really is a work in progress! She is as yet bald. I am currently working on her hair strands, which I plunked on her head for the photo--don't worry, they won't look like that in the end!

3 comments:

Louise and Gary Chapman said...

They look awesome. I love the chunky blue wooled fishy!

Asheya said...

Wow, these are so cool and CUTE!!! I bet you could totally sell them on Etsy.com or something like that.

ms emili louann said...

cute!