Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleeping

Again several times Ri has requested his toddler bed. Again, several times he has responded well to the return-to-bed routine. But tonight he put up a fight and eventually I left and had Brent try. AND IT WORKED. Hurray!

I was wondering if several of you mommas out there would consider writing posts about how you have experienced/handled getting your kids to sleep? One of my friends was asking about co-sleeping/co-bedding and then transitioning to their own beds, and I thought a mini carnival might help her out. It's good to see a variety of approaches and experiences, I think. Leave me a comment if you think you'd like to participate!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Sign me up... hoping to learn a trick or two, cuz bedtime continues to be the bane of our parenting existence...

Tonya said...

I want to post on this, but am running out the door. If I don't write something on here - or on my blog - in the next day, remind me! :-)

Tonya said...

Well, maybe I shouldn't participate. We never did co-sleeping exclusively, so my experience may not help! :-) I do have a friend who co-sleeps until her kids are 2 and then she transitions them into a bed with an older sibling. Not sure if that info helps either. My kids have gone from a crib/co-sleeping to sleeping with an older sibling too. We find they sleep much better that way. My 6 year old will complain if he can't share a bed with his younger brother. He says, "if I wake up in the night and he isn't there, I don't have anyone to cuddle with!" :-)