Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Breastfeeding from the Feminist Breeder's Perspective

I love this blogger. She's awesome. I had to post a link to her recent post regarding breastfeeding, feminism, and guilt--go read it! And fall in love with her, too. She's kick bum awesome (phrase borrowed from Caryn, you're a hoot!). Having just finished my CLASS ON BREASTFEEDING, I would venture a guess that UNETHICAL MARKETING OF INFANT F*ORMULA BY F*ORMULA COMPANIES is what sabotages much of the good intentions and poor follow through in our culture, though Gina doesn't mention f*ormula companies in her post. Evil incarnate, these unethical companies. I will have to blog about that separately one of these days...so much info....so little time...

Best for Babes also addresses this issue quite well, I think--here.

3 comments:

ms emili louann said...

i hope you don't mind - i posted a link to that blog on my facebook. thanks for finding that post and sharing it with us!

love, love

Rachel Clear said...

loving that blog... gettting sucked in... can't get any work done now....

Thanks for the link!

Jen said...

Excellent post, indeed. Loved it! I read that study and wanted to post about it but felt it's best to leave it to more articulate people. She is right on. I wonder what the same figures are for Canada. My theory is that part of the problem in the US is the extremely short mat leave coupled with the fact that most employers don't have a supportive-enough environment for women to work and pump enough to continue breastfeeding exclusively.