Friday, June 25, 2010

Only the BEST MUFFINS I'VE EVER EATEN!!!

My hubby has this way with food, where if he's making it, it tastes amazing. No matter what. And I've got to hand it to him, he's a way better baker than I am. Baking is too exact, I've determined. When I cook, I rarely actually measure anything, I just eyeball it, taste it, guess, or go by 'glugs,' 'handfuls,' or 'pinches.' I like this. Every time I make butter chicken, it's a bit different. But it always tastes delicious! [case in point: tonight we had butter chicken! and it was a huge hit]

All this to preface that Brent made the MOST amazing muffins I've ever tasted this afternoon. I have this cookbook called Deceptively Delicious, which my cousin Sara recommended to me, and which I asked for for Christmas. Everything in it has pureed vegetables hidden in it. Even the chocolate fondue. So, I saw this recipe for peanut butter and banana muffins and thought that looked like a nice breakfast alternative (I hate most breakfast foods, so I'm always looking for alternatives), and is healthy and has PROTEIN! HELLO!

Here's the recipe:
1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I buy the 1 Kilo organic all natural PB at Costco--no sugar! No preservatives! YET--my kids will eat it!!!)
1/2 cup carrot or cauliflower puree (I don't do cauliflower)
1/2 cup banana puree
1 large egg white
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

we also added ground flax and chocolate chips

preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with paper cups. In bowl, mix half of the brown sugar with PB and vegetable purees and egg white. Separately, mix flour, bkg pwd, soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture and stir just to combine. Add remaining sugar and stir once or twice. Put in muffin tins and bake 15-20 mins.

YUMMY!

3 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

I WILL HAVE TO TRY THE BEST MUFFINS IN THE WORLD!!!!! THANKS FOR THE RECIPE!!

ms emili louann said...

dude - and WHAT is butter chicken? that pretty much sounds like heaven on a plate.

Asheya said...

Where do you get/how do make the purees?