Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quick answers...

Answers to the questions in the comments from my last post!

@Em~Butter chicken is an Indian recipe that is kind of like our spaghetti and meatballs. A staple, everyone has their own sauce recipe and they're all delicious. I'll have to post my butter chicken recipe sometime soon. I make it best of any non Indian I know...It's the most delicious thing EVER! Lots of flavour, not too spicy. Yummmm...

And @Asheya~the purees for the muffin recipe you make by steaming the veggies and pureeing them in your blender or food processor. I usually buy a 5 lb bag of carrots, steam them all, puree them, and freeze them in 1/2 cup portions so they're ready to add to any recipe. I also steam 2 or 3 sweet potatoes at a time and freeze those, and butternut squash. Other common veggies she adds are easy to mash when you are ready and don't freeze as well, like the banana, or avacado. You should see if you can get this cookbook from the library! It's great!
My cousin adds cauliflower to her mashed potatoes and she can make up to HALF the mashed potatoes out of cauliflower and her family doesn't notice! I detest cauliflower so I can't do that one, but you might be able to get away with it in your house! It's a great idea!! That's in the cookbook, too.
My other favorite Deceptively Delicious recipe is one that has pureed avacado, carrot, cocoa powder, and some sugar: voila, chocolate fondue dip for fruit for a mostly healthy after school snack. How else to get such great avacado fats into my kids? They hate anything green, especially if it's 'slimy.' But puree it and add cocoa? Suddenly it's fabulous.
=)

4 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

Hey Mel, made the muffins and they were really good!

ms emili louann said...

you had me at "indian food". sounds fantastic!

jenna said...

my kids don't like butter chicken! maybe you could show me how to do it!

lori lls said...

Yeah, let's be sharing the butter chicken recipe.

That chocolate fondue sounds dreamy. This is my next book to watch for at the library.