Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weighty Ghost

I love this song by Wintersleep, who are from Nova Scotia: Hooray!



The song isn't about death directly, but it always makes me think of all the deaths I've seen at work. Not in a bad way, but in a way that honors the fact that they lived. I don't know how to describe it, exactly, and honestly probably people who aren't paramedics might not really get it, but the song makes me feel grateful. Grateful for life, grateful for the peace death brings. It's pretty universal to be afraid of death, and most of the time I am, too. Good art engages all these things.

And this is the first time I've embedded a video from youtube. Sorry it doesn't fit perfectly.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Not that I'm a techy or anything but it's really easy to fix the video so it fits...apparently when you embed it you get this long 'link' type thing. Within all those symbols and words there are dimensions...something like 4250x1530. Anyways, you just change those numbers until the video fits your blog. And I never comment but read your blog pretty regularly...I like it. Especially the paramedic stuff.

melissa said...

Hey Ali! Thanks for commenting!!! I never know if the paramedic stuff is just really freaking weird, or if people like it =)
It's good to know it's your favourite. I've got some other work posts brewing around in my head...

When I embedded the video from youtube, I tried a few different sizes, and this is the smallest one and it still doesn't fit perfectly. I think it's my blog template. I like the colour and the template so much I don't want to change it to be bigger!! I know I could customize the colours but that takes forEVER!!! Anyways, that's why the video doesn't fit perfectly despite my trying!!

Thanks again for commenting, I really love to hear from readers!!