Friday, September 24, 2010

Tomato Soup That Will Make You Cry

I tried this recipe tonight, from a blog I found recently...being a tomato fiend whenever I'm pregnant, and lately especially a tomato SOUP fiend, this recipe fired me up. It made my toes curl, it was so good (just like she said it would). It was totally worth the blending and mixing and various dirty dishes!!! Of course, my kids rejected it by sight. But I made them Lipton's chicken noodle soup with carrots, celery, and frozen corn added to it for some nutritional value, and they chowed down the homemade croutons I made to go with the tomato soup. YUMMY!!! (I used home canned diced tomatoes, fresh tomato puree, and pumpernickel bread, as variations on her recipe). Deeeelish.

1 comment:

Dana said...

If only that recipe didn't have milk... and wheat.... ah... one day...