Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy thoughts and prayers, please

Matthew has surgery tomorrow morning to have tubes put in his eardrums to help facilitate drainage and avoid the chronic ear infections, hearing loss, and language regression that he struggles with every winter. He will be put under general anaesthetic for about an hour. Hopefully he will wake up just stellar, but please pray everything goes well, that he doesn't get frightened, and that there are no problems, infections, or complications.
I've had four surgeries. Appendectomy, two Radio Frequency Catheter Ablations on my heart, and one cesarean section. It's amazing that even with all that surgical experience, having one of my children have surgery is a freaky deal, and totally different from having it myself. It's minor surgery, but the general anaesthetic is not minor in my mind! It will be really tough. And Brent is away. He has been away since Monday for work related training and won't be able to get out of it for tomorrow, so I'm going to be trekking the hallway of the hospital all by myself. Brent's mom agreed to take Ayden and Riley overnight, and took tomorrow morning off work so she could take Ayden to school for us, and look after Riley. Hooray for family! I don't know what I'd do without them.
In the meantime, Matthew and I are going to White Spot for a dinner date, just the two of us, for a Pirate Pack and some fun times. Pray for me, too, that my nervousness over the surgery doesn't show! He's nervous himself and doesn't need to carry my emotions on top of his own. He's mostly worried that it will hurt! Grandma told him that his daddy had the same operation at the same hospital, when daddy was 5. That helped!
Thanks you guys. You're awesome.

5 comments:

nancy said...

am praying now and will continue to do so over the next 24 hrs. Please keep me posted. tell Matthew nana loves him!

tamie said...

Prayers, you bet!

Louise Chapman said...

So great that you can spend some quality one on one time with him. Will pray, keep us posted!

ms emili louann said...

Lord, give Melissa peace of mind and rest tonight, and may she feel your closeness tomorrow.

Guide the surgeons hands. Leave peace and strength with Matthew. May recovery come swiftly.

Melissa, you are an awesome mother - you will be in my prayers tomorrow, I promise <3 Rest up, and keep us posted when you can :)

xoxo

SANDRA said...

I am praying for you! <3