Saturday, October 16, 2010

HIRED!

We hired the realtor who came to our house yesterday...We also have 99% completed cleaning/organizing our house including OUR BEDROOM. In the end, I had to toss a bunch of stuff in two boxes and put them in the garage for further sorting because the realtor was coming in very short order, so that's the 1%.
Our next house needs an office for my small business supplies, like wool/yarn, stuffing for toys, jingle bells, safety eyes, etc, plus doula supplies (mostly a library of books and DVDs, and some stuff like sitz bath tea, etc), plus a place to put my sewing machine and fabrics for making slings, and then ALL my art supplies. I have so many paints, gesso, paintbrushes, scrap canvas, old paintings, etc, and they all live in my bedroom closet where there is obviously no space for them. An OFFICE with a nice, bright window for natural light so I can paint IN IT, would be a gift from heaven.

Pray hard that our home sells in a week. That's what I'm hoping for with all my heart...Otherwise, I'm going to go insane trying to keep this place presentable for showings!!! Pray also that we get over 300,000 otherwise we won't be able to afford a place much bigger than what we live in now!!!

And what's up with realtor fees? HELLO?!?!!! You want $12,000 just to SELL MY HOUSE? But there's no way around it. Seriously. The market is not hot enough for USellAHome to really work out at the moment. Sigh. And that price is with a discount for RCMP families...

7 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

So exciting!! Yippee for cleaning it all up and starting the big process. Will pray that it goes quickly. Way to go team.

Caryn Ouwehand said...

I'm happy to hear! Looking forward to your "SOLD" post!

nancy said...

HURRAY!!we're both in the same boat, except I only have to clean up from 2 people to have house "show ready". can't imagine doing with your rowdy 3, or should I say 4?
did Brent get my BD email? hope he had a great day.
love mom
ps - was involved with amazing birth today, was reminded why I LOVE my chosen career!

Asheya said...

Here's hoping the house sells fast! And that you find a great house for a great price.

SANDRA said...

I'll pray that your house sells fast and that you will be able to buy a bigger home with a nice office for you! I would also love to have a room like that. I am keeping all my things in the kitchen =0)

Tonya said...

Selling the house - yippee! Keeping it clean? ARGH. I will pray it sells quickly and you can keep your sanity in the process.

Melodie said...

Aren't those realtor fees nasty? I really didn't want a relator when we decided to sell our house but in this market it would have been crazy not to. Good luck Melissa. And hugs about the fees. I know I needed one. :)