Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holy Speedy, Batman!

Okay, so today we made an offer on a house, and it was accepted.
HOLY CRAP. I might barf. I might throw a party. I might crawl under the covers on my bed and pretend my parents still make all the big decisions...

We went back today and walked through both the green/brown house (my #1 pick), and the blue house (Brent's previous #1 pick, although he def. had changed his mind by today and we were in agreement that the green/brown house was the #1 choice), as well as two other houses on the market in our area and in our price range. That was excellent confirmation that our #1 pick was the house for us. So we made an offer, and it was so good that they accepted it without changes! And the most hilarious part was that our realtor knew we had promised our kids a trampoline, so she asked for the trampoline that THEY own be included in the sale. AND THEY AGREED. Hysterical. This is subject to financing and a home inspection, of course. So we won't "own" it for sure until next Wednesday.
Holy warp speed, batman!! Spending half a million dollars on anything makes me feel really sick, but what can you do? We live in a part of the world where that is what it costs to own 1800 square feet and a yard. Hopefully someday we'll move to a community that has a more reasonable cost of living. In the meantime, I'll just be sick to my stomach while we spend it and then deal with house poverty to some degree! I love this house!!! I'm so happy!! I'm trying to envision which room the baby will be born in....
=)

6 comments:

Dana said...

SUPER DUPER EXCITING!!!! I love it.
:) :)

What is your possession date?

nancy said...

unbelievable!!! can't wait to see your new house. When do you take possesion? This is so exciting. Do the boys know? Trampoline?
Phone me!!
congrats and lots of love.

Breanne and Jacob said...

So freaggin awesome! So exciting! Is it in the same neighbourhood as the townhouse?

Asheya said...

Love the trampoline! Hilarious!

And LOVE that the baby will be born in this house. So cool.

tamie said...

Oh my goodness! This is the best! Hurray!!!!!! Now we have to start planning a visit right away!!!

Tonya said...

Great news on selling your house and buying another one!