Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

My bloggy friend Em posted a few of her guilty pleasures in life, and I liked that idea so call me a copycat;

-p.s. I don't have any food related guilty pleasures at the moment for obvious reasons, but don't feel bad. At all other times I do...

-Criminal Minds, especially Friday night marathons
-blogging
-voracious reading
(these last two are guilty because they trump all other activities: parenting, cooking, kitchen tidying, and paying attention to my husband)
-driving past tacky christmas getups in peoples' yards and making fun of them
(blow up anything is generally not a good idea. Sex doll, Santa, there's very little difference when it comes to TACKY)
-texting when I should be watching six year old soccer
-lying on the couch when I should be cleaning
-not fighting my two year old because of utter exhaustion. Want to wear just underpants to bed? Fine. Want to wear spiderman pjs all day? Fine. No underpants? Whatever. Pants inside out? Fine. Don't want to wash your hands? Whatever. No jacket? You'll learn.
Oddly enough, inertia with a two year old elicits worse behavior.
Ha ha.
-long showers that waste too much water
-driving past my new house just to look
-dreaming about post natal brownies

1 comment:

ms emili louann said...

Long hot showers should have been on my list too... at least it's every other day (or two, depending on when my children *let* me bathe ;)

Also, a resounding YES to the postnatal brownies! MMM!

I have been thinking about you, and praying for the best for you and your babe, and this pregnancy and birth. You are such an inspiration, just through your blog. I would love to meet you someday, and our boys (and maybe girls?!) could play together. How fun would that be, yo!

Anyway - for now, know that you are loved and supported from afar.

XOXO