Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grenade launched...

This morning around 6 Amarys woke up just enough to fill her diaper. As I was changing her, she explode-a-pooped and there was so much force behind it, it splattered all over my shirt, approximately two feet away. Seriously, it would have traveled four feet at least if I hadn't been smack dab in the way...
She missed the diaper completely. Which is nice when you pay for each diaper.

Keeping it real around here.

Plus, might I add that given Amarys' evening activities its likely a vasectomy won't be necessary to prevent any more children.
This is her:
Wah, wah, wah, MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Mulitply by several hours.

It's a bit frustrating but mostly I just think its funny. She's far to young to be such a pessimist, but apparently she disagrees! She'll outgrow the evening fussiness. And even, I think, learn to be more peaceful even if momma eats onions or broccoli! Already she's better than she was, because SOME nights she is happy and relaxed and goes to sleep easily at ten. And she sleeps pretty regularly around 11 hours at night (save this morning when she barely woke up for the grenade launched poo and then promptly fell back to sleep). Can I complain? Nope. She's pretty awesome.

Tulip photos to come!

5 comments:

Rob-o-SE-yo said...

Photos of tulips and text about poo. You have chosen your various media wisely.

Tonya said...

I recently read something that said 4 months - that is the magical age when they outgrow the screaming at night. Let me know if that does it!!! Explosive poop - hilarious! One time I picked up a child's legs, to put a diaper under said child's bum, and poop shot out, hit the wall and ran down. Beautiful!

Tonya said...

Oh, and said child would be mortified that I tell this story, considering SHE is now a TEENAGER. Hint hint ...

melissa said...

lol Tonya! I think I may know SAID TEENAGER...
=)
That was what happened here: I lifted her legs up and WHAM, got explodapooped on. Amazing how much force is involved.

I'm hoping for EIGHT WEEKS, don't give me four months....

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Projectile Poop is always a good story.

Dan got a chunk of poop in his eye once when Silas did that...