Monday, April 4, 2011

Hurt Locker

So last fall sometime Brent and I stumbled across this movie that surprised us by being WAY GOOD. As in, you rent a movie that looks mildly interesting and has the potential to make you gag on its rah rah and patriotism, but it blindsides you with profundity and artistry and representation of what it means to be human. This movie was The Hurt Locker. I meant to post about it when we discovered it, but I forgot. And then it won 6 academy awards. I may be slightly out of the loop, with movies. If you have not seen it yet, see it. I give it seventy thumbs up, it was that good. And I'm picky.
We just watched it again a few nights ago and while we were watching it Brent said, "That's one job I could NEVER do." And I was surprised. Is it really a far leap from street cop in SURREY to bomb tech in Iraq? Well, I suppose it is, but I think mostly I was surprised because defusing bombs seems like a fascinatingly enticing job to me. I told him that if I didn't have kids, it would TOTALLY interest me! See? It's the kind of movie that will make you have THAT type of conversation with your spouse. Seventy thumbs up.

2 comments:

Tamie said...

Okay! I put it at the top of my queue.

nancy said...

I also watched and thought it was great!