Monday, May 16, 2011

Awkward Things Strangers Say To Me In Public

Wow!  Four kids!  You really know what you're doing then!

Wow!  Four kids!  You're a busy mom!

Ho-ly, four?  Why?

Don't you know how it happens by now?

Were you just going til you got a girl?

You got your girl, then!

You look great for a mom with four kids!

So you don't work outside the home?

You must just stay home with your kids, then?

How do you do it?!

I don't know how you do it.

I can't stand the baby stage.

Just wait til they are all teenagers.

Are these all yours?!

I could never do it, I don't have the ________ (patience, stamina, ability to deal with sleep deprivation, etc)

Wow, you're crazy!

3 comments:

Rob-o-SE-yo said...

I like the "you got your girl, then" ones -- in Korea, there used to be a lot of families that went

girl girl girl girl girl boy

because of the male lineage thing.

Tonya said...

I had a friend who wanted a t-shirt that said, "Not Catholic, Not Mormon, just a Protestant who likes sex." That might shut them up. :-) I've had a million awkward things said to me too! My "in my head" response to the "don't you know what causes that?" is, "OH YES and WE LOVE IT!!!" :-)

melissa said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Tonya, you crack me up. I have been WAY tempted to say something like that before!!!! I need that T shirt.