Sunday, June 26, 2011

May Long Weekend

Oh, princess.  It's just a photo...

Amarys and Nana~my mom bought this hat for me last summer
when I was barely pregnant...she was hoping for a girl
(weren't we all in this sea of lovely, noisy boys...)

This nightgown was one my mom handmade
for me, and my coming-home-from-the-hospital
outfit.  It has beautiful embroidery on it

Gigi, my mom's mom, Amarys, and I
(Gigi asked me on our last visit; "How can you LIKE giving birth?
What's to like about it?"  I guess tastes differ.  Gigi also had four
girls and then a boy, nearly the opposite of me.  She's awesome.
And she reads my blog.  She likes it, though she gives me a hard
time about my swearing....)

Rub a dub dub, three boys in a tub!

See, Nana?  TUMMY TIME.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gigi...I don't care for some of the language you use in your blog, especially since you say you are a follower of Christ.

melissa said...

Well, Anonymous, you are welcome not to read anything that is posted here.

Jen said...

Cute shots of Amarys in that hat. Hey who has a hot tub? Is it yours?

nancy said...

hey Anonymous, I don't care for your judgmental attitude, especially if you are a follower of Christ.

melissa said...

It's my mom and dad's hot tub~I WISH it was ours!! I forgot to mention that we went to my parents' place on May long weekend so all those photos are from Vernon =)

And thanks mom, for pulling out the boxing gloves... I guess God really is more concerned about people using clean language on their blogs and less concerned about (a) judgmentalism, and (b) taking care of widows/orphans/those in prison/etc. Not that they are mutually exclusive, but obviously one's blog language says more about their relationship with Christ than their willingness to follow God's calling to adopt a child....

Like, wow.

I love your protectiveness
=)