Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Toothpaste Hoarder

Remember last week when I saved $32 by combining coupons with a really great sale?

This week: CRAZY more toothpaste!
I combined ten coupons I had for kids' toothpaste with a sale I stumbled across (read: wasn't in the flyer) and wound up paying 88 cents per tube for toothpaste which was regularly priced at $3.56!  I saved $28.50 by spending $11 with tax.  And now we are ALL stocked for toothpaste for at least a year.  THIS ROCKS!

I also found a buy one get one free (with coupon) deal for bacon, which worked out to $2.25 per package of bacon (regularly $5.99 to $6.99 per pack)!!!  I phoned my Mother-In-Law about that one: she LOVES a deal, especially on MEAT!

I love this.  Couponing ROCKS!

I have decided that the difference between hoarding and couponing is organization of storage items.  Line them up in perfect order and you're infinitely wise.  Scatter them hither and yon, and you're pathologically ill.
=p

1 comment:

Deb said...

I think it has to do with infringement on living space. If you have the storage space - use it - AND if you throw it out when it's been used up (rather than having baskets of 9/10 empty tubes)then it's not hoarding. If it's taking up space that now keeps your kids from being able to play because they have to run around the toothpaste tower you've built in their playroom, perhaps you've moved from one camp to the other...