Friday, December 2, 2011

On Not Always Doing So Well

Thank you, for those who commented on my post requesting positive boosts, and for those who sent me emails or wrote posts for me, or quietly sent me positive thoughts.  I've had a very hard week, not for any particular reason, per se, although the financial squeeze has been squeezing my brain and my heart until they cannot squeeze anymore.  I think it's just that where I'm at is pretty fragile right now.  Anxiety has been keeping me awake at night, and unpredictable in the daytime.

Fortunately, Amarys gives freely of open mouthed kisses, Matthew flings his arms around me several times a day and says, "I love you, mommy," Riley has eyelashes and dimples, and Ayden has mastered the fine art of telling a truly funny joke.  Like waving his hand around in my general direction and sighing, "Why don't you just go blogging or something," making Brent spit his food back onto his plate for laughing.  So all is not lost.  And you, lovelies.  You encourage me to keep walking.  Thank you..


6 comments:

Zoie @ TouchstoneZ said...

It is good to hear you are feeling positive, even while it's hard. Those moments really help, don't they? I hope things ease up a bit for you soon.

melissa said...

I hope you're feeling a bit less fragile soon, my friend. I love the way you appreciate and hold onto those babies of yours, despite not feeling the best yourself. You're a beautiful, beautiful person and you deserve the best. xo

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Hugs.

tamie marie said...

That is an absolutely beautiful picture of you, Mel. It's one of my favorites.

Jen said...

I haven't read your blog in a while so I missed your need for positive thoughts. I'm here now and just want to say that you are beautiful and I'm thankful to know you and I am praying for you. Wish I could come over for a chat. Big loves to you, dear friend.

chRistie said...

A much-belated (but still much-deserved) positive boost: thanks for your inspirational blogging, which specifically inspired me to include this documentary in my Christmas holiday schedule: http://youtu.be/-CU040Hqbas.

You're a great woman!