Friday, August 24, 2012

Injured

So I have a concussion.  I was gardening on Monday afternoon on our front yard, very close to the house, and I stood up quickly and whacked the back of my head on the window overhang.  It hurt SO MUCH!  At first I just figured since I didn't knock myself out I was okay, but that night it hurt a ton.  And the next day my brain was all foggy and time warped and I just felt drunk or spaced out.  As I was driving the kids to the pediatrician I thought, jeepers I really shouldn't be driving!  I didn't have much choice but to finish that trip, but after that I didn't drive again for a few days.  That afternoon I got dizzy and felt nauseous.  The next day was worse.  I called my doctor's office (after much prodding from my BF, and some encouragement from Brent) but my doctor wasn't in that day.  My naturopath is closed Wednesdays.  So I was pretty well hooped until yesterday as far as medical attention goes.  My doctor said Yup, you have a concussion.  I went to my naturopath today (because I'm just not convinced that merely waiting for a head injury to fix itself is the best approach, although it is what my doctor recommended and what I knew is the allopathic norm) and she gave me a homeopathic for pain and healing, and a supplement for combating inflammation.  She also caught a symptom my doctor missed (one pupil is irregularly shaped and slower than the other) and showed it to me in the mirror.  I'm tired.  My head aches.  I feel dizzy and nauseous, on and off, and just overwhelmingly tired.  I just want to curl up on a doggy bed somewhere and sleep for days on end....

This is really putting a cramp in my style.  I am busy!  I am active!  I have FOUR CHILDREN!  My husband works LONG HOURS, including night shifts!  I don't really have sick day privileges.  Gar.

Think of me, and send me healing thoughts as I do this...

(image credit)

6 comments:

melissa said...

Well, crap. That sounds awful. It's rough to feel unwell with just one kiddo, nevermind four. Sending healing thoughts, for sure.

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Oh no! Mel this sucks. I have never had one, but my Mom had a nasty concussion from slipping on ice in a parking lot about 5 years ago, it was not easy for her in the days following... but yeah, she didn't have 4 youngin's at the time either. I wish I lived closer I would take your pod for a couple hours.

Tylenol. Ginger Tea. Ice packs. And all the other get well things I can think of.

XXOO

Andrea said...

Oh no! Get well soon! Hopefully you can get some rest.

Louise Chapman said...

How are you feeling now? HOpefully getting better!!

Roboseyo said...

aww no! I hope you feel better soon.

nancy said...

irregular shaped pupils? I think you belonged in emerg with this one!Brain damaged mother of 4...yikes!!
Am praying for healing as I type - I'm talented that way :)