Friday, January 4, 2013

Riley

Upon being put to bed:

"I'm scawed, daddy."

"You don't need to be scared, Riley.  I'm just down the hall in the kitchen, and mommy's in the bedroom, so if you need anything we are very, very close by.  AND God is close by, to keep you safe."

Face crumples, "Daddy?  I weally, weally, weally wish God didn't make wobbas."

"Wobbas?  Robbers!  Oh Riley, you don't need to worry about robbers!  You are safe here with us."

More crying.  "But the wobbas could come in our house!"

Grasping at straws.  "They won't come to our house.  I'm a police officer.  Robbers are scared of police officers."

Instant smile.  "Okay!"  Hippity hoppity, back to bed.

2 comments:

Tamie said...

Maybe I could tell Brent some of my fears and he could solve them this easily too.

Caryn Ouwehand said...

DAMN RIGHT HIS DADDY'S A COP!

AIN'T NO BODY GUNNA BE MESSIN' WITH RILEY!

Lol. Go Brent.